Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Shoeing is the new Skating....

We took Vance ice skating last weekend. He cried. So we took him Ice Shoeing instead....he laughed!

(This picture was taken before we figured out the shoe thing...you can see the terror in his eyes)



















The skates scared him to death....he cried just wanted to go home. So Adam took his skates off and asked the ice arena professionals if we could just take him with his shoes on.....a success! We took turns sliding him around the rink and he had a blast.











Jessie and Daniel were so helpful and let Adam and I take a little break when our arms got tired. Vance is so lucky to have fun Aunts and Uncles around.
















P.S. Vance has been sick this week and I wanted to share some motherly wisdom that our pediatrician shared with us. You might already know this but if your tummy is feeling ill...have a spoonful of heavy syrup from a can of peaches and all is well! It coats the stomach and helps them keep down medicine or food or whatever!

I have used it twice now, and Vance has stopped throwing up instantly!
Mary Poppins had it right after all....just a spoon full of sugar!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Em said...

Ice skating looked fun after the skates were off. That is a good idea to take him. Also good tip on the syrup trick, I will have to remember that one.

Mrs. Jensen said...

Ha ha...spoonful of sugar. That's funny.

Sarah said...

How fun! I'm excited for our kid in general, but especially for her to be old enough to be aware of and enjoy stuff like that.

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Is that ice skating rink in Laramie? I didn't even know there was one here! You guys always have so much fun!

howeshomepage said...

Ah Hah! I found your blog. So you should totally check out the new addition to the family on my blog. And if you feel so inspired I am having a baby shower on 02/07 from 2-4 at the stake center relief society room. It has been just planned out this friday. fun! I love the pictures of your family!