Friday, January 23, 2009

Bonfire in January!

Usually one would think that a hot dog roast in January in Wyoming would be out of the question. Well, not if you are married to a Larsen! It has been between 50 and 60 degrees this last week, so we took full advantage! We wrangled up Adam's sister and her husband and off we went.
Vance loved it. The winters are so long here that he gets excited whenever we can play outside. He was running all over the whole time we were there. Needless to say, he went to bed early. He was jumping and throwing snow, in between his marshmallow stops!
James and Adam were hard at work starting the fire for us!
The lake nearby the fire spot was frozen over pretty solid. You could see oxygen bubbles frozen in it. That was cool.
Adam couldn't resist. After he started the fire he strapped on his funny boot spikes and took the Eager Beaver (his chainsaw) to break some ice. It was so thick he stuck the entire shaft into the ice and didn't touch water! It made him very happy anyway!
We had a good MLK day!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

Yikes! I'm glad Adam still has all his limbs. One slip and that could be dangerous! The warm weather was fun while it lasted!

Anonymous said...

You guys are CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Hillery said...

I bet Vance didn't have to wear plastic bags over his feet. Look at your mountain man husband!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Wow, you are tough! I can't believe he is actually using a chain saw on the ice! And roasting hot dogs when it's January in Wyoming?! You guys are awesome!

Sonnie and Ryan said...

You all know that I want to be a "bear of a man" and a "living legend" but, standing on a frozen lake with a chain saw and then cutting into said lake may be WAY too manly. I am worried that I may never be "that guy". But if I was "that guy", my Indian name would be "Man who cuts into frozen lake with chainsaw". I think that has a nice ring to it.

Sonnie and Ryan said...

That last comment was from me, Ryan....bear of a man

Nacey family said...

How fun! Vance is so handsome!

Trevor & Andrea said...

Hey, i just saw that you had a blog so i thought i would leave you a little note and say hi