Friday, October 24, 2008

aMateUr dReAmS

Last week I went to Lander with Vance to visit Adam's family. The weather was so beautiful and it was a perfect autumn weekend. Adam's parents have the cutest house and I always wanted to do a photo shoot with Vance on the front porch and this weekend it finally worked out on its own.
It was an accident really, but I thought the pictures turned out pretty well. Vance doesn't really like smiling for the camera much anymore so you can't really see his face in any of these, but I still had a lot of fun.
(We also went to a pumpkin patch and those pictures are intermingled. He had fun and wanted to pound on the pumpkins like drums. When he says pumpkins it sounds like he is saying butt-kiss. He's getting better, but it took us awhile to figure it out.)

He doesn't like things touching his feet or being on his fingers. He hates being messy, which is so funny! He just barely started walking on the grass in his bare feet this summer.
I caught this moment just right!

Vance loved playing with his Aunt Sawah!
Someday I would love to take a photography class and have a nice camera to document our life. A girl can dream!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Blair said...

Aspey --you should definitely take a photography class! You can sign up for them at local community colleges or through your parks and recreation department. Your photos are great and it certainly doesn't hurt to have such a cute little guy for the subject matter.
xoxo b

Em said...

You took some really good pictures. Vance is so handsome.

The Asay's said...

Hey Aspen
Super cute pictures of Vance.

Ashley Luck and Randy Luck said...

Who needs a degree when you can take pictures like that! Either your camera is awesome, or you're fabulous....I'm thinking the latter! :)

Hillery said...

who are you? I had no idea you could take pics like that. I'm so impressed. and I agree with Blair - look into the parks and recreation department. they offer all sorts of classes for pretty cheap. good luck!

Spencer, Katie, Ezra & Luke said...

Keep dreaming! We can dream together right! I also want that. I guess I could fit it in somewhere between 3 a.m. and 7:30 a.m who needs sleep. Maybe someday. Love the pictures of Vance. Love the Butt-kiss.

Mrs. Jensen said...

So, I'm gonna echo Blair and Hillery. You are amazing. If you don't want to take a class there are millions of websites with info on amateur photography. You're smart enough to pick it up on your own...it's the nice camera that is a pain. However, Jord and I were checking them out at Costco and you can get a REALLY nice one for a moderate price. I bet you didn't know that you have so many know-it-all friends who are going to push you to your dreams.

Sonnie and Ryan said...

Aspen, look at you-you talented girl! I love all of your pictures! You are amazing!